Housing Disrepair

If you live in rented housing, you have a legal right to ensure that the living conditions are kept in a state of good repair. However, it is a fact that a lot of rented property, particularly those run by Councils and Housing Association are not kept to adequate standards. For example, properties may suffer from rising or penetrating damp, caused from problems with the building work on the property.

This not only leads to unsightly parts of your home, but can also lead to health problems, particularly in small children. If this sounds familiar, and you have reported the issues to your landlord but they have not done anything about it, you may have a claim against them for the repairs and compensation.

Trinity Law Solicitors helps tenants with such claims on a no win, no fee basis; if your claim is unsuccessful, you will not be left with any fees to pay, meaning there is no risk to you. Also, we do not take any fees upfront meaning that if we choose not to proceed with your claim following our initial review, you will not have lost anything.

You have the right to live in a safe, well maintained property!

The most common form of disrepair cases are that of disrepair to either the property or belongings and goods inside of the property.
This includes disrepair to the property itself, which the landlord has not fixed. This could include:

·         Damage to your windows & doors
·         Damaged interior such as wallpaper, curtains and carpets that have been affected by damp
·         Blocked drains Leaks from the roofing of your property
·         Badly maintained brickwork to the outside of the property which is causing water to enter your property
Damage to your belongings, goods or furniture can occur through a variety of avenues. These can include:
·         Damp walls
·         Water damage via leaks or faulty water pipes
·         Damage due to construction occurring in the property
·         Mould on walls

Failure to meet this obligation can result in inconvenience, damage to your belongings, personal injury or ill health. If you have suffered as a result of housing disrepair you may be eligible to claim compensation.
We know that making a claim against your landlord can seem daunting and stressful; we are here to help you cut through the confusion and claim the compensation you are owed! You can rest assured that your claim will be handled in a professional and proficient manner.
We take the stress out of the process!

If you are having problems with your home and your landlord is doing nothing about it, contact us today for your free consultation.